Welcome to Theonomy Wiki!
We are a collaborative community website centred around a Christian understanding of God's law as written in the Bible. We believe that God’s laws are transcendent obligations upon all people, including those who act as God’s servants in the realm of civil government. God’s law functions both as an obligation upon human authorities and as a transcendent limitation upon their natural tendency to “do what is right in their own eyes.” It provides fixed standards of justice and strictly regulates the penalties which are allowed to be imposed upon crimes and misdemeanors.
The aim of this wiki is to generate an easily accessible catalogue of God’s law in the Christian scriptures ─ organised by verse, topic (murder, theft, sacrifice, etc.), and past and present function in God’s redemptive order. We will follow the hermeneutical principles outlined in the Chicago Statement on Biblical Hermeneutics. Nevertheless, the wiki will be open to level-headed discussions and dispassionate comparisons of various models for interpreting and applying the law, as proffered by a range of theonomic authors.
- Improve our understanding of God's law, and how to apply it to all areas of our lives
- Teach these things to our children (Deut. 6:7)
- Do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with our God (Micah 6:8)
- Insofar as it depends upon us, live at peace with all men (Romans 12:18)
- Be good ambassadors for our reigning King (2 Cor. 5:20)
শাস্ত্রের সমস্ত বই: Scripture
Rightly Dividing the Law
Functional Categorization of the Law
Rather than attempt to shoehorn our analysis of Biblical law into the traditional tripartite, exclusive divisions (see below), we propose the following set of non-exclusive, functional categories. We hope these help to distinguish the overlapping motives and purposes behind each law.
The above should be considered non-exclusive "categories," rather than "divisions." As this project advances, these categories may be amended to better fit a comprehensive understanding of God's Law and its parts.
Traditional (Tripartite) Division of the Law
Tools for collaborators
- 2020/09/02 - Notes working and added; support for many languages in the works. Much work still do be done in categorization.
- 2020/08/07 - Adding translations now, more streamlining, and continuing to add content. Passages categorized up into Exodus 20.
- 2020/07/21 - The Chapter and Passage pages have been streamlined significantly. Some features still under construction. Progressively sanctifying our design for the topic structure. Bare-bones passage categorizations added up through Exodus 14.
- 2020/07/02 - Significant formatting upgrades in progress. We're up through Exodus 9 in parsing the scripture. More commands per chapter in Exodus, so progress will be slower from here on out. Getting close to Sinai, though! Excited to dive into the actual law soon!
- 2020/06/24 - Transitioning to our new location, courtesy of the host of this domain. Many thanks! Glad to be free from Fandom's advertisements.